Funders Together is committed to providing the best resources and programming to funders to support their work to prevent and end homelessness. In addition to the in-person convenings we host, Funders Together also provides a variety of resources that meet the ever-changing needs of our members, as they work to determine best practices and solutions, as well as how to collaborate with peers and national partners across the country.
Featured Member Profiles
Members of Funders Together vary in their approach on how they support the movement to end homelessness and exploring those varied approaches in a candid and protected network is a benefit of membership. We share and highlight the innovative work our members are doing and how they are tackling homelessness in their communities through our Featured Member Profiles so that others can learn about how their peers are working in this space. The members that were highlighted in 2017 include:
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- McGregor Fund
- Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Inc.
- Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland
We understand the importance of providing regular communications to our members to keep them abreast of latest news from the field as well as updates on member learning and networking opportunities. In previous years, Funders Together issued a member newsletter once a month. After receiving feedback and recognizing that news and events happen more than once a month, we transitioned to doing bi-monthly newsletter, separated into two categories:
- Member News: This e-news shares the latest FTEH blog posts, news about members’ work, resources members may find useful, and highlights our newest members to the network.
- Learning and Networking Opportunities: This communication features upcoming in-person and online events from both FTEH and partners that may interest members as well as a list of where FTEH staff will be in the upcoming weeks.
Webinars and Webinar Recordings
In 2017, Funders Together hosted 11 webinars with nearly 160 combined attendees. Webinars are an opportunity for Funders Together to highlight timely and important issues and best practices for members, and to provide action items for implementing changes in their work both internally and externally. In 2017, webinars included topics like advocacy and policy, connecting health and housing, youth homelessness, family homelessness, taking solutions to scale, and employment.
As an extended benefit, members can view the recordings of any of the previous webinars through our Webinar Recording page. Some of the most popular webinars include:
- What We Need to Do Differently to Create Large Scale Change in Homelessness
- Innovative Solutions to Connect Health and Housing
- What Funders Need to Know – The Federal Budget
- Advocacy for Funders 101
- Advocacy Update: What We Know and Where We are Going
Some funders may struggle to figure out the appropriate ways to advocate for the policies and work that will truly make a difference on the national, state, and local levels. To help support our members in finding their voice in advocacy and understanding what they can and cannot participate in, we provide Advocacy Resources that can help provide a comprehensive place to learn about most recent policy updates, ways to engage in advocacy and policy, how to support grantees in this work, and how we are working with our national partners to advocate on philanthropy’s behalf.
To keep our members informed about the trends, best practices, and latest news in homelessness, we provide content through the Funders Together Blog. In 2017, we produced 16 posts the featured topics ranging from employment and housing to advocacy and the Federal budget. From posing probing questions about race equity to informing member of the findings from Voices of Youth Count, we continue to create content that will engage our members in thoughtful conversation. A few of our most read blog post have been:
- Advancing the Community Through Advocacy: Los Angeles & Proposition HHH
- Collaborative Funding to End Homelessness: Lessons from Home For Good
- An Equity-Based Approach to Fighting Homelessness
Members have reported increased learning from virtual learning and use of Funders Together online resources has resulted in changes in grantmaking and priorities or involvement in the community.