Tuesday, August 11 – Thursday, August 13 | 2:00 – 4:00 ET / 11:00 – 1:00 PT each day
Funders Together’s annual Funders Institute is going virtual in 2020! To continue practicing safe physical distancing, we will virtually convene philanthropy over the course of three days in August to learn, connect, and act. 2020 has been a long, challenging year and our Funders Institute is dedicated time in our movement for philanthropy to come together, solidify partnerships, and support each other.
This year, we will hold virtual conversations and engage in principled struggle to push for racial justice in our work to end homelessness. Attributed to N’tanya Lee, the concept of principled struggle is that struggle is a condition for change and liberation and that to disagree and grapple with each other is an inevitable and necessary part of racial equity work.
As a movement of funders working to prevent and end homelessness, we hope you will join us to push and support each other while also finding joy together. We’ll focus our conversations on issues including COVID-19 and homelessness, the 2020 election and possible change in Administration, and how we should use our voice and dollars to seek racial and housing justice.
Each day, programming will mix formal presentation and funder-driven conversations. Participants can register for all three sessions together or pick and choose which sessions they want to attend by registering for the sessions individually. We will publish an agenda for each day as soon as possible. Until then, we encourage you to hold these days and times on your calendar:
- Tuesday, August 11 | 2:00-4:00 ET (1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT)
- Wednesday, August 12 | 2:00-4:00 ET (1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT)
- Thursday, August 13 | 2:00-4:00 ET (1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT)
Please note: Participation in our programming is limited to private funders, United Ways, philanthropy-serving organizations, and/or members of Funders Together. If you have any questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs.
A formal agenda is coming soon, including a breakdown of each day. We are planning conversations related to:
- How philanthropic board members and CEOs have used their understanding of racial equity to influence their network and change the work of their foundations
- How philanthropy can support housing justice and racial justice through policy and narrative change
- Roundtable discussions on specific topics such as employment and housing, aging/older adults experiencing homelessness, and racial equity in homelessness
We will hold a virtual reception on Wednesday, August 12 from 4:30 – 5:30 ET (1:30 – 2:30 PT). This will be a time for celebration, art, music, and networking. This virtual reception is open to anyone who registers for at least one day of the Funders Institute, regardless of which day it is.
Register for All Three Days
Price for all three days:
- $90 for Full (dues-paying) Members
- $180 for Basic (non-dues paying) Members and Non-Members
Register for Individual Days
Price for each day:
- $30 per day for Full (dues-paying) Members
- $60 per day for Basic (non-dues paying) Members and Non-Members
If you want to pick and choose which sessions you attend, please do so by registering for each day separately. Please note that if you register for more than one day, you will need to complete separate transactions for each day.
Questions about registration? Please contact: Lauren Samblanet, Knowledge Management and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org