Return to the Calls and Convenings page
At the March convening in Portland, participants named centering people with lived experience as a critical first step to advancing racial equity. During our April call, we talked about ways funders can support the centering of people with lived experience.
- Please listen to the recording of Centering Voices of Lived Experience, a webinar Funders Together did in February with CSH and True Colors United. This recording is an hour long.
- Please also read Action 3 of National innovation Service’s (formerly Future Laboratories) report of the work they did in Seattle and King County. If you have limited time this week, please focus on the Strategies section.
- Bonus reflection question: What are a few things you can do to start or enhance your work to integrate people with lived experience in your work?
Resources Mentioned During the Call
- The View from Outside, Tipping Point Community. This is Mayra's recently published report of the 300 person survey she conducted with a team of peer field staff.
- https://www.bearstandingtall.com/ -- this is the Indigenous consultant that Dani is working with.
- Fund for Shared Insight. Becca is working with Fund for Shared Insight in helping their workforce development boards better listen to their customers.