Return to the Calls and Convenings page
During our July call, we got a sense of what other FRE members are doing when it comes ot asking grantees about racial equity. We talked about why funders should (or should not) be asking grantees about racial equity, as well as what is working in getting honest, specific answers and information. We named some recommendations for other funders working in housing and homelessness before we heard updates from Funders Together about how they're continuing to embed and operationalize racial equity in their work.
- Have one person from your organization complete the quick survey on asking about racial equity in your grantmaking process.
Resources & Materials Mentioned during the Call
- Answers from the racial equity in grantmaking survey
- Questions FRE participants ask about DEI
- Demographic questionnaire that Meyer Memorial Trust provides as one tool to report data
- Meyer Memorial Trust DEI Spectrum Tool
- Meyer Memorial Trust blog posts to communication value around equity
- Consumer Health Foundation’s racial equity impact assessment tool
- List of foundations that mention racial equity in their mission statement: