Funders Together to End Homelessness is a robust network of 220 philanthropic organizations from across the United States who are dedicated to preventing and ending homelessness. Because homelessness has no single cause or solution, our members are engaged in various kinds of grantmaking. Some are specifically focused on homelessness, while others work to improve related areas like health care, education, workforce development, child welfare, domestic violence, and food security. Our members include representatives from all types of foundations—private, operating, family, community, etc.—as well as individual donors, corporate giving programs, and United Ways.
Because of the diversity of our membership, Funders Together to End Homelessness provides an array of programming, resources, and technical assistance through:
- Connecting members to a large national network of innovative and strategic funders
- Creating opportunities for members to engage at the national and regional levels
- Providing a wide range of networking opportunities for members to share with and learn from peers and experts
- Sharing resources and information about best practices and strategies to maximize the impact of philanthropy’s grantmaking towards homelessness solutions
- Advancing a larger national movement to prevent and end homelessness
We believe philanthropy can uniquely contribute to the movement to prevent and end homelessness. Funders Together to End Homelessness is committed to empowering, informing, and facilitating this contribution.
Below is a look at how we’ve been focusing our efforts from 2017 to date for our members and what it means for ending homelessness.