Part 2: Tuesday, June 13, 2023 | 2:00pm ET, 1:00pm CT, 12:00pm MT, 11:00am PT
Funders Together is excited to co-sponsor this webinar hosted by Philanthropy New York.
During the 2020 uprisings against anti-Black racism and amidst a global pandemic, every sector in the United States, including philanthropy, condemned systemic injustice and committed to implementing more equitable policies and practices within their institutions. Three years later, it remains vital for foundations to support social change movements, from emergence to infrastructure to sustainability. Join us for a two-part virtual, interactive sessions to explore social movements, the needs of movement leaders, and promising practices from funders.
In partnership with the Building Movement Project, Philanthropy New York will dig deep into their latest reports and toolkits (Move the Money and Funding Movement Infrastructure) for peer-to-peer reflection and hands-on practice.
- A deeper understanding of the characteristics of social movements
- Ideas and practices that meet the needs of movement leaders
- Approaches to overcome barriers that arise in supporting social movements
- Resources to catalyze conversations within foundations about resourcing social movements
- Jennifer Ching, Executive Director, North Star Fund (May 9 session)
- Molly Schultz Hafid, Executive Director, Butler Family Fund (June 13 session)
- Frances Kunreuther, Co-Executive Director, Building Movement Project
- Deepa Iyer (Moderator), Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives, Building Movement Project
This is a two-part session (May 9 and June 13). We encourage you to attend both sessions, so when you register for session one, you will automatically be registered for session two on June 13. Discussions will build on previously discussed topics and build a space for peers to share processes, learn, and practice together. The sessions will be recorded. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to each session. Registration is required by May 8th.
Members of Philanthropy New York: Please register by signing in to the Philanthropy New York website.
Non-Members of Philanthropy New York: Please email [email protected] with name, title, and organizational affiliation. Please indicate you were invited by Funders Together to End Homelessness.
This webinar is 90 minutes.