Thursday, January 21, 2021 | 2:00pm ET / 1:00pm CT / 12:00pm MT / 11:00am PT
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit in early 2020, Funders Together to End Homelessness organized funder calls for philanthropy to connect about local responses to COVID-19 for people experiencing homelessness. We have also used these calls to share field updates from our partners and timely information about changing policies. This call in January 2021 will be one of our last regularly-scheduled calls before we transition them to an as-needed basis. We will continue to aggregate and share resources on our COVID-19 Responses for Philanthropy resource page, as well as update add examples and resources to our COVID-19 Response and Recovery Recommendations for Philanthropy.
January 21 Agenda:
- Policy updates and announcements from Funders Together, including a recap of the last COVID-19 relief package
Community updates specific to members' work happening in Baltimore, New York City, Hawaii, and Chicago that will touch on:
- COVID response that includes a new CDFI initiative and involvement in a housing work group to focus on post-hotel housing,
- Focusing on Youth Homeless Demonstration Projects during the pandemic to get them to the finish line in Baltimore and Hawaii,
- Work happening in New York City to enhance the stabilization bed program,
- A philanthropy-funded study that led to right to counsel legislation being passed,
- And more!
If you are curious about any of the topics listed above or have questions you'd love our speakers to share their thoughts on, feel free to let us know in advance and we'll weave them into conversation.
- Bianca Carter, Program Officer for Homelessness & Housing, Trinity Church Wall Street
- Amy Kleine, Senior Program Director, The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
- Elvis Guzman, Program Officer, The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
Xan Avendaño, Program Associate, The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
Please register for this COVID-19 Funder Call through the button below. Once confirmed, you’ll receive call-in information directly from Zoom. If you have questions about registration in the hour before the call, please contact Lauren Samblanet at email@example.com
Please note: Participation in Funders Together programming is limited to private funders, United Ways, philanthropy-serving organizations, and/or members of Funders Together. Public funders, government employees, and staff at organizations where grantmaking is not the primary function are not eligible to participate. If you have any questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs.