Funders Together to End Homelessness is excited to announce our 2020 Funders Forum in Oakland, CA, held in conjunction with the National Alliance to End Homelessness’s Solutions for Individual Homeless Adults Conference. Join funders from across the nation for a day of focused learning and discussion around how funders can organize partners and communities to support evidence-based solutions and catalyze innovative practices, investments, and collaboration to end homelessness.
The way philanthropy has been working to prevent and end homelessness has been evolving. As the field continues to work toward racial equity in our systems, policies to implement and uphold proven solutions, and building public and political will, philanthropy must come together to strategize how to bring all these pieces together.
With increased policy changes at both local and federal levels that target populations that are historically marginalized or criminalize homelessness, philanthropy must use its voice and power to uphold the proven practices that house people and ensure that everyone is treated with dignity. The good news is that we know much of what needs to be done. And, with the increase of different types of philanthropy – 501c4s, LLCs, corporate giving, and individual philanthropists – we have more ways to innovate and work together.
Our 2020 Funders Forum will touch on several topics:
- How can philanthropy continue to lift up research and evidence-based practices to ensure that people are stably housed?
- What are funders doing to build public and political will to stop the criminalization of homelessness and other policies that target people who are the most marginalized?
- How can philanthropy of all types work together to address homelessness and housing affordability?
- How do we ensure that racial equity and people with lived expertise are centered in all the work that philanthropy does to prevent and end homelessness?
For those who would like to also attend the Solutions for Individual Homeless Adults Conference, Funders Together is once again offering joint registration for both the 2020 Funders Forum on February 19 and the Solutions for Individual Homeless Adults Conference on February 19-21. Funders who are interested in attending both events should register through our JOINT REGISTRATION page.
Funders can also register for just the 2020 Funders Forum on February 19. This option allows you to attend the entire Funders Forum, including our funders networking reception, but does not allow access to the NAEH conference. Please click on the FUNDERS FORUM ONLY button below to register.
Please note that the registration for the Funders Forum and joint registration for the NAEH conference is exclusively for private funders, including foundations, United Ways, corporate giving programs, individual philanthropists, and philanthropy serving organizations (PSOs). If you have questions about your eligibility to register, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs at Funders Together to End Homelessness.
Date & Time
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm PT
- Breakfast available at 8:30 am, and funders networking reception to follow at 4:30 pm
- Please note, the Funders Forum will break from 12:45 – 1:45 for the National Alliance to End Homelessness’s opening plenary, which those who opt for joint registration are eligible to attend.
Oakland Marriott City Center
1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
The National Alliance to End Homelessness room block at the Oakland Marriott City Center has sold out. Other nearby hotels include:
- Hampton Inn Oakland Downtown-City Center
- Trending Inn
- There are also two options slightly further away (about a 10 minute walk): Z Hotel Jack London Square and the Waterfront Hotel.
If you have ideas of what you’d like to see at the 2020 Funders Forum, or if you are interested in sharing your work to end homelessness with other funders, please reach out to Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs at Funders Together to End Homelessness.
Looking for ways you can invest in creating dynamic spaces for funders to engage with, learn from, and network with one another? Consider sponsoring the Funders Forum and other Funders Together networking and learning opportunities! Sponsorship comes with many benefits including complimentary registration. Contact Lauren Bennett for more information.
Oakland, CA 94607
Google map and directions