We're excited that you will be participating in the 2021 Virtual Funders Institute! We wish we could be together in person, but we're looking forward to the great content and conversations that will take place virtually on September 28-30, 2021.
If your question is not answered here please email Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, at [email protected]
If you have questions about registration or have not received your Zoom link, please email Isaac Manchego, Administrative Support, at [email protected]
|August 23, 2021||Registration opens|
|September 24 at 11:59p ET||Deadline to request a refund|
|September 27 at 1:00p ET||Deadline to request a registration transfer|
|September 27 at 1:00p ET||Online registration closes|
|September 28-30, 2:00p ET||2021 Funders Institute|
Register for the Funders Institute. You can pay via credit card or check, and payment options are on the registration page. If you would like to register multiple people:
- Complete the registration form below and change the "Amount - Other" field to the total amount that corresponds with the number of people you want to register. (Example: Full member wanting to register 3 people=$270; Basic member wanting to register 3 people=$540)
- Send an email to Isaac Manchego with a list of the names, titles, and email addresses of everyone you want to register. Isaac will add them to our system on the back end and note that your payment is for multiple people.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Transferring Your Registration
- If you can no longer attend the Funders Institute and would like to transfer your entire registration to a colleague, please email Isaac Manchego. We will accommodate transfer requests through 1pm ET on Monday, September 27, 2021.
- Please note that this option is only for transferring your whole registration to a colleague. If you can only attend part of the Funders Institute and wish for a colleague to also attend, they will need to have their own separate registration.
Canceling Your Registration
- We will accept registration refund requests through Friday, September 24 at 11:59 pm ET. There will be no partial refunds, and after this date we will not be able to accommodate refund requests.
- If you can no longer attend the Funders Institute and would like to request a refund, please contact Isaac Manchego.
Technology Platform & Call-In Info
We will be using Zoom Meetings for all parts of our virtual Funders Institute. Registered participants will receive an email from Zoom with their unique call-in information no later than two weeks prior to the event. We will send out reminders one week in advance, the night before, and each morning of the Funders Institute.
We recommend using the links in the email from Zoom to create calendar events for yourself. Participants' call-in information is unique to them and should not be shared with anyone else.
For best results, we recommend updating your Zoom to the latest versions, which will allow you to self-select into the breakout sessions you wish to join. If you are unable to self-select into a breakout room during the convening, a staff person will help move you into a breakout session manually.
Logging in to the Funders Institute
- Rename yourself: Please rename yourself in the participant list so that it reflects your first and last name and your organization.
- Connect phone audio to computer: If you use your phone for audio in addition to joining via computer, please link your phone and computer by entering in your participant ID. You can find your participant ID in the pop up when you log in on your computer or by clicking the arrow (^) next to the mute/unmute button at the bottom of your screen.
If you have specific accessibility requests, please contact Tabitha Blackwell, Director of Networks and Programs, as soon as possible. Funders Together strives to make our programming as inclusive as possible and will do our best to accommodate accessibility requests.
Captioning and Live Transcription
Live transcription will be available during the Funders Institute. To enable this, please click on the "Live Transcript" button in your Zoom menu bar during the meeting.
Will the Funders Institute be recorded?
We will record as much of the Funders Institute as possible and will make recordings available to Full Members of Funders Together after the event. Full Members will need to be logged in to the Funders Together website in order to view the recordings. If you are not a Full Member of Funders Together and would like to learn more, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs.
How Do I Get a Copy of Clint Smith's book, How the Word Is Passed?
If you were one of the first 50 registrants for the Funders Institute, be on the lookout for an email from Tabitha Blackwell, Director of Networks and Programs, with a form to complete to receive your free copy of How the Word Is Passed. If you receive this email but do not want or need a copy of the book, please let us know so that we can offer a copy to someone else who registered.
You can also purchase your own copy (or multiple copies -- the holiday season is coming up!) from a Black-owned bookstore.