Funders Together programming is designed to connect and educate funders, United Ways, and philanthropy serving organizations who are working to improve the lives of people experiencing homelessness.
If you have any questions or are interested in co-hosting or sponsoring a program or event, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, at [email protected]
Interested in creating and supporting dynamic spaces for funders to engage with, learn from, and network with one another? Consider becoming a Networking and Learning Opportunities Sponsor! Contact Lauren Bennett for more information.
Current Learning Communities
At Funders Together, we work to facilitate information sharing and scale best practices. One of the ways we do this is through issue- and community-based learning communities. Learn more about these learning communities here.
Upcoming Webinars and Events
If you are not logged into the Funders Together website, times below are in eastern time. If you are logged in, times below should reflect your current time zone.
Webinar: Improving Housing, Substance Use and Behavioral Health Approaches for People Experiencing Homelessness
Tuesday August 3rd | 2:00 -3:30 ET, 1:00- 2:30 CT, 12:00 -1;30 MT, 11:00-12:30 PT
Recent changes in the public policy landscape have led to advances in addressing substance use and behavioral health disorders as key aspects of the health and public health continuum. Approaches to integrate substance use services into health care systems are starting to break down silos in care and leading to innovations across systems. The shift to addressing substance use primarily as a health care issue has important implications for other intersectional issues, including efforts occurring across the country to increase comprehensive and equitable care models for the people experiencing homelessness.
Join this webinar to hear about several effective solutions for providing care for individuals experiencing homelessness as part of a holistic and equitable health care approach. Experts will discuss opportunities stemming from recent changes in substance use policy and practice to develop innovative care models that fill key gaps in care and the rationale for investing in these models, including housing and peer-based approaches.
The webinar will focus on the urgency of addressing equity issues around providing substance use behavioral health services in communities of color where services are scarce and innovation is most needed.
- Explain the shifting policy and practice landscape related to addressing substance use as a health and equity issue and the opportunities it creates to integrate substance use and behavioral health care into health and housing services
- Identify gaps in care for the people experiencing homelessness with substance use and behavioral health care needs
- Provide innovative examples of how systems work together to address gaps and generate learning to improve care.
- Provide key perspectives from medical, public health, provider, and peer practitioners on the importance of a comprehensive and holistic care delivery approach that is centered in creating equitable access to care.
- Alexa Eggleston, Audacia Consulting, (Moderator)
- Jason Satterfield, Executive Director, The Arlene & Michael Rosen Foundation
- Mimi Doohan MD PhD MPH, Safe Haven Clinic Institute
- Noah Fay, Director of Housing Programs, DESC
- Rosy Vasquez CEO, Community Through Hope, Chula Vista CA
Length: 90 minutes
How to Register
Please RSVP for this webinar using the button below. A Funders Together staff person will approve your registration, and you will receive a link from Zoom to join.
Please note: Participation in Funders Together programming is limited to private funders, United Ways, philanthropy-serving organizations, and/or members of Funders Together. Public funders, government employees, and staff at organizations where grantmaking is not the primary function are not eligible to participate. If you have any questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs.
This webinar will take place via Zoom. If you have any technical questions or do not have your Zoom link at least 24 hours before this webinar begins, please reach out to Tabitha Blackwell, Director of Networks and Programs.
Save the Date!
2021 Virtual Funders Institute
September 28-30, 2021
Save the Date for Funders Together to End Homelessness’ annual Funders Institute on September 28-30, 2021. The Funders Institute is one of Funders Together's annual events that brings funders together to learn, connect, and act to end homelessness and advance racial and housing justice. Over these three days, participants will hear from leaders in the field, make new connections with funders from across the country, and find joy together.
"The connections we've made through Funders Together, the insight into what's happening at the federal level, and the intellectual architecture you provide for how to structure philanthropic work around racial equity have been incredibly helpful." --FTEH member
Dates and Time
- Tuesday, September 28, 2021 | 2:00-4:00 ET (1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT)
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021 | 2:00-4:00 ET (1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT)
- Thursday, September 30, 2021 | 2:00-4:00 ET (1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT)
Optional Networking Reception
There will be an optional networking reception on Wednesday, September 29 at 5pm ET / 4pm CT / 3pm MT / 2pm PT. This reception is open to anyone registered for the Funders Institute.
Please hold these dates on your calendar if you are interested in attending the Funders Institute. We will announce registration and a formal agenda closer to the date. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, at [email protected]