Open Positions at Funders Together
- Membership and Knowledge Coordinator - The Membership and Knowledge Coordinator is a critical member of the team, and their charge is to help the organization track information and to use that knowledge to inform membership processes, programming, and communications. The Coordinator owns the membership renewal process and systems for collecting information, such as using Salesforce to track program attendance, to help the organization make more strategic decisions. | Posted 1/24/2023
External Career Opportunities
Our partner, Tipping Point Community is hiring a Program Officer, Youth Homelessness (posted 4/27):
- The Program Officer, Youth Homelessness is responsible for managing and leading this project, relying on a deep knowledge of housing and homelessness research and interventions focused on youth and young adults, a strong understanding of nonprofit organizations, and expertise in building relationships in diverse organizations and communities. They will oversee the strategy and program implementation of the youth homelessness project while serving as a member of Tipping Point’s larger housing portfolio team. The Program Officer will collaborate with other Tipping Point teams and external partners to share learnings and measure impact of the work. Salary: $135,000.
Our partner, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is hiring a Deputy Director of State Housing Policy (posted 3/13):
- The Deputy Director or Director of State Housing Policy will be the lead for our state and local level housing policy advocacy. This work will initially focus on California but will grow to be a nationwide effort with the goal of expanding state and local investment in tenant-based rental assistance, and other strategies to increase and improve housing stability and affordability for people with low incomes. This position will work collaboratively with the Housing and Income Security team to provide policy analysis, data, and technical assistance to an array of important stakeholders, including policymakers, journalists, and practitioners. The salary range is $100,000 - $150,000.
FTEH Position on Sharing External Career Opportunities
Funders Together to End Homelessness seeks to support our partners and members in finding strong candidates to prevent and end homelessness. To live our commitment to racial equity, we also seek to promote equitable hiring practices that will allow more people of color, people with lived experience, and LGBTQ folks to find positions at organizations that are committed to equity.
Funders Together will review all job listings shared with us and will share listings if:
- The position is located at a partner organization or member organization and is related to homelessness and housing,
- Includes location information, including whether a position is remote or open to remote employees,
- And includes information about salary and benefits.
Why include salary information?
Many nonprofit leaders and organizations have written extensively about why including salary ranges and benefits information is critical to equity:
- Our Hiring Practices are Inequitable and Need to Change (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, April 27, 2015)
- When You Don’t Disclose Salary Range on a Job Posting, a Unicorn Loses Its Wings (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 1, 2015)
- When You Base Pay on Salary History, A Unicorn Loses Its Horn (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 4, 2018)
- You’re Not Serious About Equity If You Don’t Post Salaries (Amy Sample Ward, NTEN, November 19, 2019)
- Why You Need to Post Salaries and Benefits in Every Job Post (ReproJobs, January 5, 2020)
We encourage employers to be as transparent as possible about their hiring process as possible and to share openly about the organization’s commitment to racial equity, travel expectations, and job accommodations.
How to share a job opportunity
Please share job opportunities with Stephanie Chan, Chief Strategy Officer. We will review all opportunities and reserve the right to make case-by-case decisions on what we share and promote within our network.