Open Positions at Funders Together
- Board of Directors, Funders Together to End Homelessness - Funders Together is opening a search process for new directors to serve on our Board. The Board of Directors reflects the geographic, experiential and cultural diversity of our membership and the movement to end homelessness. Directors bring their particular interest in the field of philanthropy and commitment to high standards of governance. Board terms are 3 years in length, and board members can serve up to two consecutive 3-year terms. (In some cases, a board member may serve beyond a second term, if serving in an officer role.) Term limits apply to individual members, not the organizations they represent. (Posted 7/28/2023)
External Career Opportunities
- Capacity Building Manager| Tipping Point Community - The Capacity Building Manager plays a critical role within the Program Team’s work to help grantee partners maximize their impact in their community. Through organizational assessment and consultative relationships with grantee leaders, the Capacity Building Manager works with organizations and the Tipping Point Program Team to understand and address our grantees’ most promising areas for investment and growth and match them with resources to build their internal organizational capacity. This role provides both a strategic lens to organizational development and strengthening systems and the project management required to source and select vendors to support grantee partners. Starting Salary: $128,773. (Posted 11/8/2023)
Program Officer, Housing and Homelessness | Charles & Helen Schwab Foundation - Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, Housing and Homelessness, the Program Officer, Housing and Homelessness is a key member of our team with the opportunity to help shape the implementation and evolution of the Foundation’s housing and homelessness strategy. You are a
dynamic, highly knowledgeable professional who believes in the Foundation’s mission and vision and is passionate about securing the fundamental human right to housing for all residents in the Bay Area and having a positive impact on the humanitarian crisis of homelessness in our community. The target salary for this role is $135,000 - $165,000 based on experience. (Posted 9/26/2023)
Director, Housing Justice | Liberty Hill Foundation - The Director of Housing Justice will join an innovative, nimble team to support community organizations working to protect and preserve affordable housing while building tenant power to win and implement crucial policy change. This position will lead administration of the Stay Housed LA (SHLA) program in participation with the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. The Director of Housing Justice will spearhead SHLA’s implementation while supporting campaigns and policy to ensure a permanent eviction defense program in Los Angeles County. Salary: $83,800 - $104,700 (Posted 6/1/23)
FTEH Position on Sharing External Career Opportunities
Funders Together to End Homelessness seeks to support our partners and members in finding strong candidates to prevent and end homelessness. To live our commitment to racial equity, we also seek to promote equitable hiring practices that will allow more people of color, people with lived experience, and LGBTQ folks to find positions at organizations that are committed to equity.
Funders Together will review all job listings shared with us and will share listings if:
- The position is located at a partner organization or member organization and is related to homelessness and housing,
- Includes location information, including whether a position is remote or open to remote employees,
- And includes information about salary and benefits.
Why include salary information?
Many nonprofit leaders and organizations have written extensively about why including salary ranges and benefits information is critical to equity:
- Our Hiring Practices are Inequitable and Need to Change (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, April 27, 2015)
- When You Don’t Disclose Salary Range on a Job Posting, a Unicorn Loses Its Wings (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 1, 2015)
- When You Base Pay on Salary History, A Unicorn Loses Its Horn (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 4, 2018)
- You’re Not Serious About Equity If You Don’t Post Salaries (Amy Sample Ward, NTEN, November 19, 2019)
- Why You Need to Post Salaries and Benefits in Every Job Post (ReproJobs, January 5, 2020)
We encourage employers to be as transparent as possible about their hiring process as possible and to share openly about the organization’s commitment to racial equity, travel expectations, and job accommodations.
How to share a job opportunity
Please share job opportunities with Stephanie Chan, Chief Strategy Officer. We will review all opportunities and reserve the right to make case-by-case decisions on what we share and promote within our network.