Open Positions at Funders Together
- Director of Membership and Programs - This position leads the membership strategy and activities (recruitment, retention, and engagement) and programming strategy and development for the organization. Posted 4/29/2022
- Programs and Communications Manager - This position provides support on both programming and communications activities at Funders Together and plays a key leadership role in connecting how we talk about our programming and our members to the broader Funders Together network. Posted 4/29/2022
External Career Opportunities
Chicago Funders Together to End Homelessness is seeking a Program Coordinator (shared Feb. 17)
- This is a new position that will provide crucial administrative support for CFTEH, a philanthropic collaborative of 30 local funders working together to address homelessness. The Program Coordinator will support grantmaking, programming, membership, and fundraising activities for CFTEH. In the coming years, CFTEH will be focused on advancing policy change, aligning funding and systems, and shifting power to people most impacted by homelessness.
- The salary range for the Program Coordinator position is $50,000-$60,000 in addition to: flexible working hours; 100 percent employer-paid family health, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; generous paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays; plus a paid year-end holiday break.
- See the job description and instructions on how to apply here.
FTEH Position on Sharing External Career Opportunities
Funders Together to End Homelessness seeks to support our partners and members in finding strong candidates to prevent and end homelessness. To live our commitment to racial equity, we also seek to promote equitable hiring practices that will allow more people of color, people with lived experience, and LGBTQ folks to find positions at organizations that are committed to equity.
Funders Together will review all job listings shared with us and will share listings if:
- The position is located at a partner organization or member organization and is related to homelessness and housing,
- Includes location information, including whether a position is remote or open to remote employees,
- And includes information about salary and benefits.
Why include salary information?
Many nonprofit leaders and organizations have written extensively about why including salary ranges and benefits information is critical to equity:
- Our Hiring Practices are Inequitable and Need to Change (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, April 27, 2015)
- When You Don’t Disclose Salary Range on a Job Posting, a Unicorn Loses Its Wings (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 1, 2015)
- When You Base Pay on Salary History, A Unicorn Loses Its Horn (Vu Le, Nonprofit AF, June 4, 2018)
- You’re Not Serious About Equity If You Don’t Post Salaries (Amy Sample Ward, NTEN, November 19, 2019)
- Why You Need to Post Salaries and Benefits in Every Job Post (ReproJobs, January 5, 2020)
We encourage employers to be as transparent as possible about their hiring process as possible and to share openly about the organization’s commitment to racial equity, travel expectations, and job accommodations.
How to share a job opportunity
Please share job opportunities with Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs. We will review all opportunities and reserve the right to make case-by-case decisions on what we share and promote within our network.