Registration for this event is now closed.
Hosted by Funders Together Los Angeles
This event is for Funders Together members and invited guests.
Please join us for a meeting of members of Funders Together to End Homelessness and special guests, many of whom are members of regional funders networks, to learn about what is happening with criminal justice reform and homelessness/housing in Los Angeles. This is a great opportunity to network with members, hear from expert panelists, and gain valuable insight about the vital work our members are doing to prevent and end homelessness.
- Networking lunch
- Welcome from Bill Pitkin, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation and Funders Together to End Homelessness Board Chair
- Client Story – CSH Community Advocate
- Keynote: Jackie Lacey, Los Angeles County District Attorney, who spearheaded a collaborative effort to divert people with mental illness from the criminal justice system
- Roundtable Discussion
- Moderator: Tim Silard, President - Rosenberg Foundation
- Panelist: Yolanda Vera or Dhakshike Wickrema - LA County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
- Panelist: Dr. Mark Ghaly—LA County Department of Health Services
- Panelist: Brian Ford—LA County Probation Department
- Panelist: Lynne Lyman—Drug Policy Alliance
- Panelist: Kimberley Guillemet—Office of Reentry, Mayor’s Office
Funders Together networks are each at various stages of growth, from gathering support to establish a network in their region, to releasing their third round of collaborative funding. Members of these networks will discuss best practices that they have identified, share specific and concrete solutions to challenges they face, and gain valuable insight and advice from their peers on governance, working with community stakeholders, and designing their network's approach to preventing and ending homelessness. Specific attention will be focused on methods and processes of alignment and collaboration.
The learnings from this meeting will be shared nationally by Funders Together to encourage the formation and affiliation of regional funders networks, and to benefit and inform the work of all funders to prevent and end homelessness in their communities.
We look forward to having you join the conversation!
This event is part of the Funders Together Networking Series.
Planning to attend the full conference? This year's Housing First Partners Conference has a special track dedicated to “Taking Housing First to Scale.” Designed for executive directors, government officials, funders and other community leaders, this innovative track will feature a variety of opportunities to learn how leaders in the field at the federal, state, local and agency levels have and can work together to take the Housing First philosophy and model to scale. For more information about this track, click here.
Showing 48 reactions
Sign in with