Funders Together to End Homelessness invites health systems and other funders interested in exploring the intersection of health and housing justice to join our re-envisioned Health Funders for Housing Justice network!
This Network is generously supported by:
Over the last two years, Funders Together has gathered hospitals, health systems, and health plans (primarily community benefit offices) in a Health System Funders Network. This was born from a recognition that health systems were increasingly investing in efforts to end homelessness, asserting their responsibility as institutions with power and influence in so many communities. In this network, we created an environment of health systems who align priorities and share lessons learned. In addition to forming relationships and deepening our collective learning on racial justice, the group prioritized medical-legal partnership and medical respite care.
In 2023 and beyond, we seek to expand this network’s membership and focus. All health systems and other philanthropy who fund efforts related to housing and homelessness can join together in this network to collectively leverage the voice of health philanthropy for housing justice.
- Uplift bold strategies to leverage the influence and resources of health systems and foundations toward ending homelessness.
- Cultivate a sense of togetherness and aligned priorities among foundations and health system funders.
- Develop a common language and analysis of structural racism, how the healthcare industry propagates it, and what constitutes antiracist action.
- Articulate the role of emergency response/service delivery within our pivot to housing justice.
Who Can Join
- Health System/Hospital Community Benefit programs or other grantmaking staff
- Health Program Officers at public or private foundations
- Staff of Healthcare Conversion foundations
- Staff at any Funders Together member organization interested in the intersection of health and homelessness
- Participants will meet via Zoom bimonthly unless meeting in person or other events conflict.
- We hope to gather face-to-face at least once per year. This might take place in conjunction with the National Health Care for the Homeless Conference or Funders Together’s standing convenings.
- Participants should expect to “show and tell” on a rotating basis: sharing the work they’re most proud of along with where they would like to improve, embracing a role as both student and teacher.
- Funders Together staff will collate promising practices and recent news on the intersection of health and homelessness in a quarterly digest.
Funders Together's full members may participate at no cost, but we seek sponsorship or grant support to enable us to enhance the experience for our collective learning and the movement itself. We ask non-members to join Funders Together, contribute a program fee, or co-sponsor the network.
Sponsorships will be used for activities such as:
- Compensating guest speakers
- Organizing in-person convenings
- Composing field-building resources
- Maintaining a digest of insights on issues related to homelessness and health
- Engaging with cross-system partners
If you are able to contribute, indicate your interest in the applicable section of the following form or email Michael Durham.
How to Join
Complete this short form to sign up for this network.
Send questions to Michael Durham, Director of Networks, at [email protected].
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with