Thursday, September 7, 2023 | 3:00pm ET, 2:00pm CT, 1:00pm MT, 12:00pm PT
Co-Hosts: PSOs for Housing Justice
After many consecutive years of decline, homelessness has been on the rise across the country, with particular increases of people living unsheltered. Countless more in the US are just one financial crisis away from losing their housing as the cost of rent skyrockets in most communities. These are our neighbors. This is us.
In this webinar cohosted by Economic Opportunity Funders, Tax Equity Funders Network, Funders for Housing and Opportunity, and Funders Together to End Homelessness, we will situate the homelessness and affordable housing crises in the context of economic justice. We will connect the dots between advocacy on financial security and housing stability, highlighting promising interventions like direct cash transfers and universal rental assistance, with an eye toward prevention of homelessness. Our goal is that economic opportunity and tax equity funders see how the housing crisis pertains to all of us, leaving the conversation with concrete ideas for deeper learning and action.
- Ami Nagle, Co-Director: Economic Opportunity Funders, Director: Tax Equity Funders Network
- Elisa Harrigan, Policy Strategist, Funders for Housing and Opportunity
- Lauren Bennett, Director of Policy and Communications, Funders Together to End Homelessness
- Michael Durham, Director of Networks, Funders Together to End Homelessness
- Nancy Ramirez Arriaga, Program Officer, Meyer Memorial Trust
- Understand the nexus of housing security and economic opportunity
- Describe one intervention to promote economic and housing justice
- Articulate the role of structural racism in housing insecurity
How to Register
Please RSVP for this event by using the registration button below. You will receive your unique Zoom link once a Funders Together staff person has approved your registration.
This funder call will take place via Zoom. If you do not receive your Zoom link or have technical issues logging into this call, please reach out to Michael Durham, Director of Networks.
This call will last 1 hour. Attendees are welcome to stay for part or all of the call.
Please note: Participation in Funders Together programming is limited to foundations, grantmaking staff at United Ways, corporate giving programs, philanthropy-serving organizations, and members of Funders Together. Government employees/funders and staff at organizations where grantmaking is not the primary function are not eligible to participate. If you have any questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact Tia Smith, Director of Membership & Programs.