Friday, January 25 | 1pm EST | 12pm CST | 11am MST | 10am PST
In November 2018, Funders Together invited Joanna Scott from Race Matters Institute to facilitate a four-part webinar series on a suite of race equity tools our members can apply to their work. During the first webinar, we covered some key concepts to help ground future race equity conversations. In our second webinar, we looked at Race Matters Institute’s backmapping tool and talked about how it could be applied to housing and homelessness.
Are you curious to hear what those conversations were like? Join us for this member call where we’ll discuss:
- Our notes from the first webinar that discussed different forms of racism, why we need to lead with structural racism, and what racial equity looks like.
- Our notes from the second webinar that looked at how to build a racial equity backmap and the value of doing so.
- Your questions and thoughts on these terms and tools, what additional questions you still have, and what future programming or resources you want might be.
This member call will be conversation-based, so please come ready to ask questions, jump in with your thoughts, and share racial equity resources you’ve looked at.
This member call is designed for and open to:
- Anyone who is currently signed up for the Race Matters Institute webinar series and missed one of the first two webinars or wants a refresher.
- Basic and full members of Funders Together
- Private foundations, United Ways, and philanthropy-serving organizations
Register for this member call below. A calendar invitation with log-in information will be sent after you’ve registered and a Funders Together staff member as confirmed your eligibility to participate.
If you have questions about participating in this webinar series, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs.
Please note: This call is only open to members of Funders Together, private funders, United Ways, philanthropy-serving organizations (PSOs), and anyone who signed up for the Race Matters Institute webinar series. If you have questions about participating, please contact Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, at [email protected]