Homelessness is more than a lack of a place to sleep tonight. For a young person, it means instability, fear, and often an inability to effectively learn and prepare for adulthood. This issue of homelessness affects every aspect of a young person’s life, including school, employment, and health.
Born from our youth-focused community of practice, Foundations for Youth Success, The Funders Together to End Homelessness’s Funders Network for Youth Success is a national network of funders supporting strategic, innovative, and effective solutions to prevent and end youth homelessness. Members of the Funders Network for Youth Success will have access to:
- Resources, such as webinars, member calls, newsletters, articles, and blog posts
- Opportunities to learn about philanthropy's unique role in supporting the AWHA Grand Challenge and other efforts to center racial and LGBTQ equity
- Networking opportunities through in-person convenings
- Opportunity to engage in advocacy with other funders
- Learn about innovative ways to support public policy in your community and nationally
- Connection to key national partners
To join the Funders Network for Youth Success, please email Director of Networks Michael Durham at [email protected].
Why Join the Funders Network for Youth Success?
Who Can Join?
The Funders Network for Youth Success is open to all full and basic members of Funders Together who are currently investing or interested in best practices and solutions to youth homelessness or intersecting issues, such as education, and juvenile or criminal justice. There is no fee associated with joining the network and members can join at any time.
Youth Network Leadership Committee
The Funders Network for Youth Success Leadership Committee is a small peer group of funders that are actively engaged in work to prevent and end youth homelessness. They continuously explore best practices and opportunities for funding. Members of the Leadership Committee recognize the importance of the national work to local efforts and advocate to improve outcomes in our communities and country. The Funders Network for Youth Success Leadership Committee steers content, learning, and offers expertise and peer coaching to members of the network. If you are interested in being nominated for this committee, please contact Michael Durham at [email protected]
Leadership Committee Members:
- Sheila Babb Anderson, Campion Advocacy Fund
- Paula Carvalho, Raikes Foundation
- Angela D'Orazio, Sister of Charity Foundation of Cleveland
- Marie Groark, Schultz Family Foundation
- Emma Heffernan, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Aimee Hendrigan, Melville Charitable Trust
- John Kimble, New York City Collaborative on Youth and Family Homelessness
- Kelli King-Jackson, The Simmons Foundation
- Anne Morin, Butler Family Fund
- Charles Rutheiser, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Bryan Spence, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Lisa Talma, Deutsche Bank
- Casey Trupin, Raikes Foundation
- Amy Denhart, Funders Together to End Homelessness San Diego
Funders Together to End Homelessness has collected resources that will provide you a snapshot of the current youth homelessness landscape for funders and support funders in identifying the role they can play in advancing the work happening both nationally and locally. We will be updating the page with timely resources as they become available, so be sure to check back often!