February 28, 2019 | 1:00-2:30 pm EST
This webinar will dig deeper into organizational practices that advance racial equity inside organizations. Participants in the 90-minute session are encouraged to analyze the internal structures and processes within their respective organizations. Whether you work in an organization that is white-led, in an organization led by people of color, or in community across racial groups, there are many nuanced leadership issues that can emerge depending one’s localized racial and political context.
- Policies, Practices, and Programs for Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Executive Summary from the D5 Report
Slides and Notes
- Restoring to Wholeness: Racial Healing for Ourselves, Our Relationships, and Our Communities - W.K. Kellogg Foundation's tool on healing circles (mentioned by Heather Parish from the Pierce Family Foundation as a tool they've used)
- Joanna Scott's blog, Race in the Workplace
- Subscribe to her newsletter at the bottom of her blog page.
- Institutional Assessment Quiz for Foundations that goes along with the Equity Continuum from the slide deck
- The Policy Biography Tool
- Book – Uprooting Racism. Help move around racist relatives using story.
- Article – Why People of Color Need Spaces without White People