Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 12:00 ET/11:00a CT/10:00a MT/9:00a PT
As part of the Youth Homelessness Prevention series, this virtual gathering will dive deeper on the role of the education system in preventing youth homelessness. Starting with a “state of the movement” on education-based services for children and youth at risk of or experiencing homelessness, we will hear about a new initiative that hones in on the intersection of homelessness, education, criminal-legal system, and foster care. Participants will also discuss the opportunities present for philanthropy to support services and initiatives related to education for youth and young people experiencing homelessness.
Come prepared to share your own work on this issue as applicable.
- Understand the most pressing issues in the McKinney-Vento/education field
- Describe the role of education justice as a means to prevent youth homelessness
- Describe one strategy for funders to invest in education for young people at risk of homelessness
- Michael Durham, Director of Networks, Funders Together to End Homelessness (moderator)
- Christina Dukes, Principal, Pearl Strategies
- Maddy Day, Proprietor & Senior Consultant, Maddy Day LLC & Associates
- Stephanie Krauss, Economic Well-Being Work Group Lead Consultant, Youth Transition Funders Group
- Casey Trupin, Direct of Youth Homelessness, Raikes Foundation
Funders Together staff will approve your registration, then you will receive a unique Zoom link to join this webinar.
To register for this webinar, please use the register button below.
Please note: Participation in Funders Together programming is limited to private funders, United Ways, philanthropy-serving organizations, and/or members of Funders Together. Public funders, government employees, and staff at organizations where grantmaking is not the primary function are not eligible to participate. If you have any questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact Michael Durham, Director of Networks.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with