Wednesday, December 7, 2022 | 1:00PM ET, 12:00PM CT, 11:00AM MT, 10:00AM PT
Co-sponsor: Neighborhood Funders Group.
Housing justice requires transforming the policies and systems that prevent people with involvement in the criminal legal system from having stable and safe housing. As Funders Together works toward housing justice as our north star, we will examine how our members and partners are working to transform systems and present a spectrum of solutions ranging from new supportive housing options for those leaving jails and prisons to eliminating the prison industrial system that perpetuates cycles of harm.
This webinar is the first in a series on re-entry highlighting how our members are working to interrupt the systems that perpetuate housing instability, criminal legal system involvement, and other collateral consequences that prevent housing justice. During this webinar, participants will hear what present-day efforts peers are supporting across the country and together we will grapple with difficult juxtapositions between supporting immediate policy reform while co-creating a more visionary, liberated future.
- Describe the housing landscape and criminal/legal systems affecting returning citizens experiencing housing insecurity.
- Describe how funders can engage and connect to opportunities that support returning citizens and housing justice as a whole
- Understand the distinct housing needs of returning citizens
- Define a few strategies funders should consider related to reentry
- Tia Smith, Director of Membership & Programs, FTEH, Moderator (They/Them)
- Tom Nurmi, Co-chair of the Committee on Homelessness, William S. Abell Foundation (He/Him)
- Janet Miller, Executive Director, William S. Abell Foundation (She/Her)
- Katie Fallon, Senior Policy Program Manager, Urban Institute (She/Her)
- Ashley McSwain, Executive Director, Community Family Life Services (She/Her)
- Jamia Edwards, Speakers Bureau, Community Family Life Services (She/Her)
- Jim Knight, President & CEO, Jubilee Housing (He/Him)
- Guy Redford, Jubilee Resident, Jubilee Housing (He/Him)
How to Register
Please RSVP for this webinar using the button below. You will receive your Zoom link once a Funders Together staff person has approved your registration.
Please note: Participation in Funders Together programming is limited to foundations, United Ways, corporate giving programs, philanthropy-serving organizations, and members of Funders Together. Public funders, government employees, and staff at organizations where grantmaking is not the primary function are not eligible to participate. If you have any questions about your eligibility to participate, please contact Tia Smith, Director of Membership and Programs.
This webinar will take place via Zoom meeting. If you do not receive your Zoom link or have technical issues logging into this call, please reach out to Tia Smith.
This webinar will last 75 minutes.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with