Funders Together to End Homelessness is seeking to hire a Programs and Communications Manager. You can view this job description as a PDF.
Posted April 29, 2022
About Funders Together to End Homelessness
Our Mission: Funders Together to End Homelessness will mobilize its members to utilize the voice, influence, and expertise of philanthropy in ways that will advance lasting solutions to ending homelessness, including addressing its underlying causes like structural and racial inequities, and helping create policies and systems that center people with lived expertise.
About Funders Together: Funders Together to End Homelessness is the only philanthropic membership organization devoted to ending homelessness in the United States. We provide critical resources and learning and networking opportunities to our members to increase their knowledge, capacity, and effectiveness in both the individual and collective work to prevent and end homelessness. Funders Together acts as a vehicle for members to be part of a broader movement and bring greater financial and intellectual resources to the work to end homelessness.
COVID-19: Funders Together is an entirely remote organization, and all staff work from home unless travelling for work. Due to COVID-19 several of our in-person events have shifted to a virtual format, though we plan to slowly resume travel and in-person convenings in 2022. Employment with Funders Together is conditional on full COVID-19 vaccination, with exceptions for documented medical exemptions or religious accommodations.
Programs and Communications Manager Job Description
This position provides support on both programming and communications activities at Funders Together and plays a key leadership role in connecting how we talk about our programming and our members to the broader Funders Together network.
This manager will support general programming for our funder network as well as activities related to our regional and issue-based funder networks and communities of practice.
- Support the execution of annual funder convenings by drafting materials such as program agendas and outlines, writing event and session descriptions, supporting speaker outreach, and coordinating logistics (virtual and in-person formats)
- Support the delivery of general programming by drafting program descriptions, gathering materials such as speaker bios and headshots, and providing live support and notetaking during virtual and in-person programming
- Manage follow up and follow through after programming, including sending follow up communications to program participants and speakers and creating webinar recording and resource pages
- Support the delivery of regional and issue-based networks and learning communities by helping to schedule recurring meetings, sending out meeting agendas,
- Manage the programming and communications calendars to bring cohesion and thoughtful strategy to how when and how we plan and communicate our programming
- Work with the Director of Communications and Policy to plan and execute communications strategy to articulate Funders Together’s and our members’ impact in preventing and ending homelessness and advancing housing justice
- Manage the communications calendar in conjunction with the programming calendar, and create communications to promote Funders Together programming, resources, and updates
- Create or support development of resources for members, including monthly member newsletters, annual reports, emails, blog posts, and other online resources and marketing materials
- Manage Funders Together’s digital presence, including website and social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Maintain organization’s listservs to ensure accurate subscriptions and manage content and technical needs
Qualifications and Compensation
- Strong commitment to racial justice, housing justice, and the mission, vision, and values of Funders Together to End Homelessness.
- Strong written communications skills with ability to understand the target audience’s point of reference and key questions
- Experience with Salesforce and other software and systems including NationBuilder, Zoom, and MailChimp
- Ability to work independently in a virtual setting
- Personable, relatable, and relationship-oriented; must work well with all types of people and be able to bring out the best in those around them
- Ability to adapt to changing or ambiguous circumstances smoothly
- Knowledge of homelessness, philanthropy, human services, or housing systems or interest in establishing a knowledge of these topics
- An eye for and skills related to visual imagery and graphic design
- Experience working in a small, virtual team that spans US time zones
- Given the remote nature of this position, staff must be able to maintain their own office and work schedule during core hours, which are currently between 10am – 4pm ET (with flexibility for candidates from other US time zones). Candidates must be based in and able to work in the United States.
- This is a full time, exempt, remote position. When it is safe to travel, this position requires domestic travel roughly 30-40% of the time and the ability and willingness to work occasional nights and weekends.
Reports to: Director of Communications and Policy
Compensation: $60,000 - $65,000, plus generous benefits including:
- 3 weeks of paid time off (increases to 4 weeks after 2 years), 12 paid holidays, and 15 paid sick days
- Paid parental leave and short- and long-term disability leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (80% employer paid), as well as flexible spending accounts (health, dependent care, and commuter)
- 5% employer contribution to 403b beginning the month following one-year work anniversary (employee can contribute immediately)
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume as PDFs to Lauren Bennett, Director of Communications and Policy, at [email protected] with “Programs and Communications Manager, First and Last Name” in the subject line.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive staff.
We encourage people with lived experience of homelessness and housing instability to apply.
Due to the anticipated volume of applicants, we will only be contacting applicants we wish to schedule a phone screening with.