Join Funders Together staff and members at the Council on Foundations Annual Conference as we participate in two panels:
Building Healthy Communities through Housing Stability
Research has shown that housing stability plays an essential role in health and mental health outcomes. Hear how historically health focused foundations are looking to their housing and homeless colleagues for best practices in providing housing as a part of a healthy community. Presenters will share successes and partnerships that have leveraged public dollars to provide housing as an essential part of healthcare and mental health.
- Bill Pitkin, Director -- Domestic Programs, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Nancy Sasaki -- Executive Director, Alliance Healthcare Foundation
- Bill Major -- Executive Director, Zarrow Family Foundation
Economic Development for Whom?
What is philanthropy's role in going upstream and making systems work? Testing innovative strategies to take them to scale? Foundations have been working to end homelessness for years. Now, they're going upstream and looking at how economic security helps prevent and end homelessness. Hear how national and local funders decided to focus on employment and economic security in their efforts to end homelessness and how two states, led by local foundations, implemented an initiative to connect families with children to employment in addition to housing.
- Kollin Min-- Senior Program Officer, Pacific Northwest, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Susanne Beaton -- Special Initiatives, Paul & Phyllis Fireman Foundation
- Rebecca Allen -- Program Officer, Melville Charitable Trust
To learn more about the event or to register, visit the Council on Foundations Annual Conference event page. Will you be there? RSVP to let us know! We would love to meet up!
Be the first to comment
Sign in with