Local funding partners (private, corporate, & individual philanthropic donors) are invited to learn more about:
What research tells us about LGBTQ youth,
Why Houston was selected as a priority city and what this designation means,
Where the Houston community stands in the planning process, and
How local funders can support effective solutions.
This interactive session will include speakers from the Technical Assistance Team leading the local efforts and national funders already engaged in supporting work around LGBTQ youth homelessness. Speakers include:
- Jama Shelton - True Colors Fund (New York)
- Kelli King-Jackson - The Simmons Foundation (Houston)
- Robin Schwartz - Aqua Foundation (Miami)
- Aimee Hendrigan - Melville Charitable Trust (Boston)
- Kris Hermanns - Pride Foundation (Seattle)
- Formerly homeless LGBTQ Houston Youth
The session will leave you with:
More knowledge about the issue and local initiative,
Language to educate board members about effective solutions to the problem, and
Answers to your most pressing funding questions around this issue.
Please RSVP by September 12 to Jennifer Wagner at [email protected] or 713-623-0515.
This event is hosted by Funders Together Houston, The Frees Foundation, The Montrose Center, The Simmons Foundation, and True Colors Fund.